October 16-17, 2015
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, Iselin, NJ
The Early Bird gets the worm….or in this case…the Early Bird Pricing.
Don’t delay – sign up today!
Early Bird Prices – (June 1st thru July 31st)
NJRW Member $215; Non-member $240
Prices go up August 1st – so get in early.
NJRW Member $240; Non-member $265
Pre-Conference Workshop Fee – $45
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your writing to the next level. This year’s Put Your Heart in a Book Conference is shaping up to be the best ever!
Kerrelyn Sparks – Keynote Speaker
Beth Ciotta – Luncheon Speaker
Julia Quinn – Special Presentation*
Margie Lawson – 3-hour Pre-Conference Workshop ($45) – Deep Editing Tools Rule!
* For first 100 registrants
Some things to expect:
- Workshops for writers of all levels
- Editor/Agent Appointments
- Book Fair/Author Signings (a voluntary donation will be accepted at checkout which will go to Literacy Volunteers of NJ)
- Opportunities for Networking
Here is a partial list of agents and editors scheduled to attend…
- Eric Ruben, The Ruben Agency
- Marisa Corvisiero, Corvisiero Agency
- Lisa Rodgers, JABberwocky Literary Agency
- Sharon Pelletier, Dystel & Goderich
- Kerri Buckley, Carina Press
- Elizabeth Poteet, St. Martin’s Press
- Esi Sogah, Kensington Publishing
- Amy Stapp, Tor/Forge
- Harlequin Editors, TBA
… and more to come
Spectacular lineup of workshop presenters:
- Sarah MacLean, PAN/PUB Retreat Kickoff Speaker
- Kerrelyn Sparks, World Building – Stop the World, I want to Make a New one!
- Beth Ciotta, Shutting Out the News: Letting in the Muse
- Margie Lawson, Not Your Mama’s Character Descriptions
- Christine Bush, First-Timer’s Workshop
- Jean C Gordon, Gone in 60 Minutes: A Hands-On Synopsis Writing Exercise That Can Turn Your Idea Into a Fully Developed Story
- Maria Connor, The Three Stages of Book Promotion: What You Should Be Doing When
- Mary Behre, Writing Contests: How to Get the Most Bang for Your Buck
- Victoria Pinder, Kristin Wallace and Rossie Cortes: Plot Your Way to Your Best Seller
- Paula Scardamalla: Using Myths, Fairytales, and Dreams for Stories That Sell
- Susan Meier: Building Blocks for a Great Book
- Judi Fennell: The In-The-Know Guide to Indie Publishing
- RoseAnn DeFranco: Using Humor to Add Emotional Depth
- Laurie Cooper: What the EYE Sees – A Visual Approach to Book Marketing
- DC Stone: Understanding Motives and Building Suspense from an Investigator’s Perspective
- Nisha Sharma: Bollywood Basics: Romance Tips from the world’s largest film industry to help turn your book into a blockbuster
- Eileen Dreyer: His Brain/Her Brain & Trauma or For Heaven’s Sake, Don’t Shoot Him in the Shoulder
- Marlo Berliner and Brynn Chapman: Beating the Odds: Writing a YA That Sells
- A. DePaul: His Eyes Are Blue Not Green? How to Keep Organized
- Joanna Shupe: The In’s and Out’s of Facebook For Authors
- Eliza Knight and Laura Kaye: S.E.X. – Writing the Sensual Evocative eXperience
- Alice Orr: WE’VE GOT THE POWER!! How Choice Changes Everything About Publishing Today
- Cyn Balog: The Evolving Face of YA: How the YA Market Keeps Changing
- Diana Cosby: How to Research and Write Historical
- Carol VanDenHende: Apply Professional Branding Frameworks to Your Brand as an Author
- Terri Brisbin: Pretzels at 2am: Dealing with Life as a Glamorous Romance Author
- Jim and Nikoo McGoldrick: 50 Shades of Literary Representation: The Tie That Binds
- Dee Davis: From Desolate Moors to Dark Alleys: The Art of Writing Romantic Suspense
- Nancy Herkness and Miriam Allenson: Critique Groups Rock! Build Your Writing Support Team
- Eliza Knight: How to Be a Successful Self-Published Author
- Ella Quinn: Regency Customs, Titles, and Manners
- Laura Kaye: Lessons Learned from a Hybrid Romance Career…So Far
- Sarah MacLean: Mastering the Art of Great Conflict
- Kathleen Long: Fire Up Your Process with Creative Storytelling Techniques
- Sally Mackenzie: Writing Series-Connected Books
- Geri Krotow: Resistance: Defined, Identified, Beaten!
To register, click here!
If you have questions, please contact: Mo Boylan, NJRW’s 2015 Conference Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or, Jenny Baskwell and Nichol Phillipoff, Assistant Chairs, at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
For registration questions, please contact: Babette James, Registrar, at email@example.com.
We will be adding to the list of agents and editors, so please check our web site www.njromancewriters.org frequently for updates!