NEW JERSEY Romance Writers presents
2013 Golden Leaf Contest for Published Authors
*Deadline: June 17, 2013*
*Eligibility: Open to NJRW members (regardless of where they live) and RWA members living in Region One* published in novel-length romance fiction who are eligible for either RWA Published Author Network (PAN) or NJRW PUB. Romance novels with a first copyright date or first North American printing date of July 2012 through June 2013.
* Entry Fee:
Non-NJRW Members who live in Region One*: $30 for first entry and $25 for subsequent entries
NJRW Members: $25 for first entry and $15 for subsequent entries
* RWA Region One Boundaries: CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT. In Canada: New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec
* Best First Book: any romance novel from a first-time author not previously published in book length romantic fiction, regardless of publishing medium.
* Contemporary Series: category length romances and romantic suspense set in the present day. 40,000 – approximately 70,000 word minimum.
* Contemporary Single Title: romance novels which focus primarily on the romantic relationship, targeted for release as individual titles, not as part of a series. Approximately 70,000 word minimum.
* Historical: category and single title length romances set before 1945. Includes Regency romances. 40,000 word minimum.
* Novella: short pieces of romantic fiction between 20-40,000 words. (Trade magazines do not normally fall under the proper word count; however, if your novella does, the acceptability of such work will be the decision of the contest chairperson.)
* Paranormal: any romance novel in which either time travel, futuristic, fantasy world or paranormal happenings are a major element of the plot. 40,000 word minimum.
* Romantic Suspense: any romance novel in which suspense is a major element of the plot, not as part of a series. 40,000 word minimum.
* Romantic Elements: a work of fiction in which romance plays a significant part in the story, but other themes or elements take the plot beyond the traditional romance boundaries. 40,000 word minimum.
* Young Adult: novels with a strong romantic theme geared toward young adult readers. 40,000 word minimum.
Winners will be announced at the Golden Leaf Awards Ceremony and Reception on Friday evening, October 18, 2013 at the Put Your Heart in a Book Conference.
For more information, please visit our web site at http://www.njromancewriters.org or contact Contest Chairs, at GoldenLeaf @ njromancewriters.org (remove spaces before sending email).